Decided on a less ‘wordy’ format for this entry. if you have any questions about any tasks/jobs mentioned – please leave a comment I’d be more than happy to reply
- very little sleep and back is till sore. today feels like its going to be looong day. Walked Fiance to bus station.
- In work for just before 8
- Chat with some of the librarians from Public Library. The cuts they’re facing are horrendous. A lot of talk of de-specialisation of staff to save money. Sure this will be happening elsewhere as well. Not heard a peep from CILIP.
- Finish off Horizon Scanning Bulletin before its sent out. Penny tends to find most of the information for this.
- Finished off Library Strategy Draft – sent to line manager. Once it gets OK, do Executive Summary and then off to the board (who won’t care)
- appraisal form finished – a month late. KSF is a load of shite. Found 2 similar job titles – yet vastly different descriptions.
- Written summary for Literature Search User Analysis did in June. Overall positive, some things to work on. Will hopefully tie into Public Health Information Needs Analysis that is currently ongoing
- Due to go to Rice ‘n’ Three for lunch so didn’t do a salad. Plans changed so got a chicken mayo sandwich from Hampsons/Sayers. Sulking. Rice ‘n’ Three Rocks
- Check emails/Facebook. Hear peep from CILIP. 9 messages about courses that are nowhere near my location.
- Bit of Procrastination – Tidied shelves behind issue desk and went through alcohol teaching packs as part of resource audit. Set criteria for use within last 3 years, seems to be over 3/4 of stock won’t meet it. What does that tell you? How ruthless can i be?
- Bit of training with apprentice. He can now fully use laminator, binding machine and shredder!
- Adding, then moving, then deleting some resources from library wiki. Bits of it seemed dated. need to put some time aside to work on it.
- With webmaster hat on – do some work on PCT website.
- Another hat on – try (and fail) to write introduction to Social Prescribing project i work on. Will need to take this home. Bugger.
- Write instructions on setting up laptop and projector for Dermatology Team. Laptop is ancient.
- Leave work about 6.15 (5 minutes late)
- Gave blood. I have rare blood (AB-). Mega Busy, had to wait over half and hour even with appointment. Blood then takes less than 5 minutes to leave body. I rule.
- Future Mrs Cook discovers she has iron deficiency and can’t give blood for a year. Decide to have spinach with tea.
Day 2 over. Let me know what you think!