A collection of useful books, journal articles & blog posts. If there is anything you think I would benefit from – let me know!
- Booth A & Brice A (2004) Evidence-based for Information Professionals: A Handbook
- Bradley P (2014) Expert Internet Searching 4th Edition. Facet Publishing
- Brettle A & Urquhart C (2011) Changing Roles and Contexts for Health Library and Information Professionals. Facet Publishing
- Innes J (2009) The CV Book: Your definitive guide to writing the perfect CV
- Greenhalgh T (2005) How to Read a Paper: The Basics of Evidence-based Medicine
- Ledden E (2013) The Presentation Book: How to create it, shape it and deliver it!
- Robinson L (2011) Understanding Healthcare Information
- Bell, K., S. Glover, et al. (2009). “The impact of library services in primary care trusts in NHS north west England: a large scale retrospective quantitative study of online resource usage in relation to types of services.” Health Information and Libaries Journal 26: 136-142.
- Brettle, A., M. Maden-Jenkins, et al. (2010). “Evaluating clinical librarian services: a systematic review.” Health Information and Libaries Journal 28(-): 3-22.
- Ford J & Korjonen H (2012) “Information Needs of Public Health Practitioners: A Review of The Literature.” Health Information and Libraries Journal DOI: 10.1111/hir.12001
- Grant, M. (2010). “Key words and their role in information retrieval.” Health Information and Libaries Journal 27: 173-175.
- Maden-Jenkins, M. (2010). “Healthcare librarians and the delivery of critical appraisal training: attitudes, level of involvement and support Michelle Maden-Jenkins Librarian attitudes to critical appraisal training.” Health Information & Libraries Journal 27(4): 304-315.
- Rutland JD & Smith AM (2010) Information Needs of the ‘Frontline’ Public Health workforce. Public Health 124: 659-663
- Sutton, A. and M. Grant (2011). “Cost-effective ways of delivering enquiry services: a rapid review.” Health Information & Libraries Journal 2011(28): 249-255.
- Stern D (2013) How Libraries Make Tough Choices in Difficult Times: Purposeful abandonment. Chandos
- Thomsett-Scott BC (ed) (2014) Marketing with Social Media: A LITA Guide. Facet Publishing
- Younger P & Morgan P (2011) Using Web 2.0 for Health Information. Facet Publishing
- Biggam J (2011) Succeeding with Your Master’s Dissertation: A Step-by-Step Handbook. 2nd Edition. McGraw-Hill.
- Creswell JW & Plano-Clark VL (2011) Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research. 2nd Edition SAGE Publications
- Creswell JW (2009) Research Design: Qualititative, Quatitative and Mixed Methods Approaches. 3rd Edition. SAGE Publications.
- Brettle, A. and P. Ormandy (2008). Do NHS Libraries Have a Role in Providing Information to Patients, Carers and the Public?
- Wise, M. (2010). “Consumer Health Information.” JCHLA/JABSC31(-): 77-78.
Knowledge Management in Public Sector
- Booth A & Walton G (2004) Exploiting Knowledge in Health Services
- du Plessis, M. (2007). “The role of knowledge management in innovation.” Journal of Knowledge Management 11(4): 20-29.
- Collison C & Parcell G (2004) Learning To Fly. Practical Knowledge Management from Leading and Learning Organizations. Capstone Publishers.
- Girard, J. P. and S. McIntyre (2010). “Knowledge Management modeling in public sector organizations: a case study.” International Journal of Publci Sector Management 23(1): 71-77.
- Keeling, C. and S. Lambert (2000). “Knowledge management in the NHS: positioning the healthcare librarian at the knowledge intersection.” Health Libraries Review 17: 136-143.
- Nonaka, I. (1991). “the knowledge-creating company.” Harvard Business Review(November-December): 96-104.
- Rowley, J. (2003). “Knowledge Management – the new librarianship? From custodians of history to gatekeepers to the future.” Library Management 24(8/9): 433-440.
- Yang TM & Maxwell TA (2011) Information-Sharing in Public Organizations: A Literature Review of Interpersonal, intra-organizational and Inter-organizational Success Factors. Government Information Quarterly. 28 164-175
Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
- Ellins, J. and J. Glasby (2011). “Together we are better? Strategic needs assessment as a tool to improve joint working in England.” Journal of Integrated Care 19(3): 34-42.
- Ward, L. and P. Cosford (2008). “Joint strategic needs assessment: a new approach to joint working in public services.” Journal of Public Mental Health 7(3).
Public Health, Epidemiology & Public Health Intelligence
- Heller R (2005) Evidence for Population Health. Oxford University Press
- Wilkinson R & Pickett K (2010) The Spirit Level: Why More Equal Societies Almost Aways Do Better
- Cain S (2012) Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that can’t Stop Talking
- Peters S (2011) The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme for Confidence, Success & Happiness.